Setting up to contribute
- Fork this repository GameAutomators/eBook-Source to your profile account
git clone https://github.com/<your github username>/eBook-Source
git remote add upstream https://github.com/GameAutomators/eBook-Source
git pull upstream master
Making a contribution
Note: Never make a contribution from your
- Before starting to write, ensure that you've done
git pull upstream master so that you're up to date with the main content.
- Checkout a new branch, this is like a copy of the content of the book so that you can make changes.
git checkout -b BranchName where
BranchName can be anything depending on your contribution. For example, if you're writing an article on arduino you can do
git checkout -b MyArdunioDocument
- Once the content is written. Do
git add <filename> and
git push origin BranchName
- Then headover to github and send a pull request.
- If you want to continue working on the same branch, you can do that or ideally switch back to master by doing
git checkout master
- Pull back from
upstream by doing
step 1 before starting to make the next contribution to the book.